Thursday, July 16, 2009

Roman Salad


Keeping with Holly's post on fabulous salads, I thought I would share my own favorite. This Tuna and Arugula salad was shared with me by a true Roman lady while I was in Sicily and I love it so much that I make it every time I buy baby arugula. It is cheap, super easy and high in lean protein so makes a great lunch with a piece of sourdough bread on the side.

Lana's Roman Salad
-Baby arugula
-2/3 can of tuna, water squeezed out and then broken down into small bits.
-fresh squeezed lemon juice
-olive oil
-sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Toss the arugula, tuna, lemon juice, salt and pepper and plenty of olive oil together in a big bowl until tuna is distributed all through the arugula. Don't be shy with the lemon- that's where the flavor comes from!
eat and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. mmm salad is the bestest... i was on NYT the other morning and found this link to some more deliciousness ^_^

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/dining/22mlist.html

    ReplyDelete