Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Pink Crow

Hello! The crows are indeed back from Cali- rested full of culinary adventures to share. As previously shared by Miz. Holly we were all about the d.i.y. on this trip, although it is doubtful we would have been so successful without the amazing resources offered up by Lady Riane's wonderful Ma and Pa.

This cocktail I'm about to share is one of my favorites- and I should give a shout out to an unnamed restaurant in Boston's fenway where I worked for awhile my senior year of college. They invented the drink and I put my spin on it, but no matter who it is served by and where it is drank, it is truly delicious. Drinkers be warned- don't let the tastiness fool you- this bevy packs a punch.

The Pink Crow
1 1/2 oz ounces of vodka*
1 1/2 oz of grapefruit juice
splash of lime juice
splash of cranberry juice
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Top off your cocktail with a healthy dash of champagne or other sparkling white wine (we used an inexpensive prosecco). Garnish with lime or a citrus (grapefruit or lemon) twist.

* If you are interested, I highly recommend a citrus flavored vodka such as Absolute Ruby Red (preferred) or StoliO. However, we used regular old Gray Goose and it was tasty tasty tasty. Just remember, if it comes in a plastic bottle, fly away.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge vodka fan but I NEVER get sick of this bevy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grey goose sealed the deal, classic clean and simple

    ReplyDelete